The Post-A-Week Challenge
I just noticed the announcement for the Post-A-Day or Post-A-Week WordPress challenge. As a recent graduate who is also about 35 weeks pregnant, I am a big fan of baby steps. So weekly it is!
I could not ignore this opportunity. In late December, I graduated with a BA in English through a Professional Writing program. Around the same time, I also left my job and started to get ready for baby’s arrival. Understanding that I will need to find work to do from home, I asked my professors for advice. “Write often,” they all said. “Get in the habit of writing, even when you have nothing to say.” Whether I pursue freelance work or am fortunate enough to find something more stable, cultivating healthy writing habits is key. Why not try committing myself to a plan for the year? I think 52 posts before 2012 is reasonable, even if I am a week or two late getting started.
For more information on the challenge, visit The Daily Post at WordPress.com.
© Alexis Jenny, 2011.
- Word Press: I’m In and Taking the Post-A-Week 2011 Pledge! (cachandochile.wordpress.com)
- Challenge by WordPress to Post Daily Blog Posts (scaffy.co.za)
- Want to blog better in 2011? Weâre here to help. – WordPress.com (en.blog.wordpress.com)
- Challenge for 2011: Want to blog more often? (via WordPress.com News) (thenormanomicon.wordpress.com)
- The Daily Post (storiesinmypocket.wordpress.com)
- I’m Accepting the Challenge (imperfecthappiness.wordpress.com)
- I’m Posting every day in 2011! (karlasegovia.wordpress.com)
- The Challenge of a Daily Post (patkat80.wordpress.com)